As the year winds down, I feel I must reflect on the development efforts of our team over the past year. Throughout the year we’ve:
- Learned how the hell to use Unity.
- Learned how multiplayer games work.
- Forgot how multiplayer games work.
- Learned how to use Blender to build game assets and subsequently decide I’m not an artist.
- Designed a game and then redesigned it after seeing another team do the exact same thing we were doing.
- Met a helpful moose.
- Remembered how to code but rejected the idea of good code design practices.
- Created this website and never updated it.
- Made an obnoxious devlog video.
- Made a pretty sweet ass trailer. (TBD)
All in all, it’s been a pretty productive year. The thing is, not one day it’s felt like work! Every new challenge has been something exciting. My new year’s resolutions?
- Update this website more or else nobody will be able to find this game on Google Search.
- Release shorter, less obnoxious devlog videos.
- Create a kick-ass game.
- Ask for money to make it great.
- Release it and pray it wasn’t all for naught.
Sounds like a plan to me!